|The original Piggly Wiggly Store, Memphis, Tennessee. The first self service grocery store, opened 1916. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
So far I've never lacked for ideas for this blog and I doubt if I ever would. As long as I live, new ideas will keep coming and now matter how much I write about my past I can't imagine ever running out of memories to write about. Even the memories I've already written about could be approached from a number of different angles. Ideas are not only everywhere, but they are infinite.
Why am I writing about this topic at this time? I'm just thinking. I'm pondering some of the things I might write about in blog posts to come. And since I'm on the topic, then let me ask you some questions about things that might get you to remembering your past. Maybe these will be some ideas you can use as well.
- What stores and other businesses can you remember from your youth that are no longer around?
- What was your favorite store to visit when you were a kid?
- Do you have many eating out experiences that you remember from childhood?
- What things did you typically spend money on when you had it?
- Did you go grocery shopping with your parents? Were you a help or more of a hindrance?
- Are there any products that you no longer see in stores that you miss?
- Did you have a hobby when you were younger and what types of purchases did you make to sustain your hobby?
- Was there a neighborhood business that was considered a hang-out for you and your peers?
- How has shopping changed in our age as compared to your youth?