A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Obituary for My Mother Lois Jackson


Lois Jackson, 85, died Friday morning November 21, 2014 after an extended illness.
She was preceded in death by her husband Robert Lee Jackson who passed in 1990 and her companion of 15 years George Lechelt who passed in 2012.
Lois leaves five children:  Robert Lee and his wife Betty with their children Dan, Ada (spouse Tom Zdanowicz), Diana (Jeff Bowen), Emilee, and Angelina; Joy and husband Jim Melchionda; Joni (whose late husand was Jack Katon) and daughter Jamie (Barry Habel) ; Jay and his wife Hallie with their daughter Cynthia (Sean Baxter);  and Jeff.   Six great-grandchildren include Marley, Hallie Jane, Lillee, Grace, Celeste, and Madisynn.
Born and raised in Morgantown, WV, Lois was the daughter of Paul and Lessie Trevillian.   She attended West Virginia University where she met Bob Jackson, her husband of 40 years.  They moved to Maryville in 1966.
Lois was a dancer whose specialty was acrobatic and tap.  After having met Bob who was a popular basketball player at WVU and a juggler, the two married and  put together an acclaimed juggling act that eventually included their five children.  They performed throughout the United States for four decades.
Ever the congenial hostess, Lois welcomed visitors into her home and was much beloved by her many friends as well as friends of her children.
Funeral arrangements are with McCammon-Ammons-Click.   Friends are welcome to join the family at a graveside service at Grandview Cemetery on Tuesday November 25, 2014.


14 comments:

  1. Dear Lee .. I am so sorry about your mother, but am so pleased you were able to be with her and see her before she left you. She lived a very full life - and was obviously very talented ...

    My thoughts to you and all your family - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your news but it sounds like her life was a good one and she did what she enjoyed for most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry for your loss Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss, Lee. You mother sounds like such a loving, accomplished woman. Saying a prayer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, LEE, it's sadness now, but you and I both know perfectly well that this is NOT the end. There WILL be a great reunion, that's for sure.

    Like Hilary said above, it was a blessing that you got to be with her in the days leading up to that time when she was called to leave "this world" and enter that Beautiful Realm where the Arms of her true Father met and embraced her.

    I was with both of my parents when they passed into Something Better, and it has always been a comfort to me that they knew I was there for them when that time came.

    Try to sense The Peace behind the pain, Brother.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    (the real me behind the pseudonym)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lee! I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee-

    Having just experienced a similar loss last year I can imagine what you feel-and I know no words make much of a difference right now.

    I am glad you were able to be there with your mother and echo the above messages that you will see her again.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee, my heart is breaking for you. I don't care if she was 85 or 25 losing a precious mother is a horrible loss. She sounds so wonderful.

    Prayers of comfort sent for you, my friend.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Praying for your families peace and comfort in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Condolences on your loss Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arlee, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird