1. The cardinal rule for fiction applies: Show, don’t tell.
2. Write in scenes with dialogue and description. Again, just like fiction.
3. In your story, reflect on what’s happening and on your feelings.
4. Add back story. How did you get to this place in your life? Don’t tell the back story all at once; let readers learn about you and the others in your story gradually.
5. Be honest. Don’t be afraid to let readers see your fear or guilt or pain but don’t forget to add lighter moments as well.
A to Z Theme 2016
For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.