A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Current Time: #atozchallenge



C-Current Time: 

      Explaining the current time is an impossibility if you're trying to do it in writing. Or for any other medium for that matter.  Even a play by play account in real time is no longer current, but something in the past.  If we are hearing someone describe what is happening as they are seeing it, the event is in the past by the time the data is processed in order for the sender to relay to the receiver who likewise might take a split moment in time to comprehend what has been transmitted.

       In other words by the time you've described what you've witnessed to  me, I am getting a history lesson of a sort.  Someone once told me that I was living in the past because I was reminiscing about the way things used to be.   At first I felt defensive, but then realized we all live in the past because by the time we understand the matter of the moment, that one singular little piece of history is old news and the future keeps coming at us until it too passes.  The train of time is what one might envision.  

        Click clack, time is on track.

        But just for the record the time right at this moment is 9:13 PM Wednesday March 16th.  And even as I wrote it the time changed to 9:14.  So you see what I mean?

         Does the future seem like a long time until it gets nearer to you?    What is your favorite way to capture moments in time?    What time is it as you answer this question?



7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I don't think networked blogs is sending me an email. I have not been visiting because of no reminder. Anyway, this is the blog you write that I like best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, maybe this blog has been dropped from Networked Blogs--I haven't been keeping up with it. Thank you for being among the few readers of this blog.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Wow...I never thought of it that way before. The future scares me. It always has. And the fact that time is going by way too fast. I remember being a kid and figuring out that I'd be 37 when the century changed to 2000. It seemed like such a long, long way off. And now the century change was 16 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I've always thought about the future, but I can't say it has scared me. There's nothing I can do about it so I prefer to live in the now as best I can.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Time waits for no one! ☺ The older we get, the faster it seems to pass. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, a truth simply stated. Might as well accept it and enjoy what we have.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. You are so smart to right your challenge posts in advance. I write the day before it's time to post. But then that is pretty much how I do most things. If it gets done good if not...oh well. Except A to Z of course! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird