A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

N-Number of siblings (#atozchallenge)




Number of Siblings...

       My family was kind of divided into two eras in a manner of speaking.   My sister and I were born at the beginning of the 50's while my other brothers and my other sister were of the 60's.  Actually, I have a twin brother and sister who were born in June of 1959, but that means their early years were mostly in the 60's.   Another brother--the last child that my parents had--was born near the end of 1962.

        What this span comes down to is that when my sister Joy and I were in high school, my other siblings were all little kids still in elementary school.  I helped take care of them when they were babies and they annoyed me as they got older.  By the time I had left home as an adult they were in high school leading lives that I didn't know much about.

        Having a bunch of siblings was nice back then and it's nice now.  I didn't know anything else, but I'm glad I had brothers and sisters.  I try to keep up with them on a regular basis, especially Joy--I usually call her at least once a week.  And it's great when we get together, which for me is only once or twice a year since I live far from them.  We almost always have a good time.

         As a side note, my brother has told me some of the things he did back when he was younger.  I would have never known it had he not told me, but he and his friends used to get into my stuff sometimes.  I would have been so mad back then, but now we both laugh about it.   After all they were ornery kids at the time so I should have probably expected it.

          Family is pretty wonderful in my view.  I've got decent siblings and growing up with them was a good time.  Oh, and in case you didn't figure it out, the number of my siblings is four--two brothers and two sisters and I am the oldest.

            How many siblings do you have?   What kind of relationship do you have with your siblings now?   Are you oldest, youngest, or in the middle?

7 comments:

  1. I don't have any siblings. It's been a blessing and a curse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I wouldn't know about being an only child, but I'm glad I have brothers and sisters. It's fun when we get together now.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. The best part is that you and your siblings have a cordial relationship today. I've got five brothers and sisters. I could never imagine one or two children in a family which is more the norm today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, my oldest daughter now has 3 children. They haven't nixed the possibility of having more. They have such a beautiful family.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I am the oldest. Younger brother 3 years younger. My sister is 8 years younger. We don't hate each other, but do we like each other? All I know is my sister told me I give her headaches and stomachaches when I call her. Haha We don't hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, I'm not sure what it would be like if I lived closer to my brothers and sisters. I talk to the oldest of my two sisters on a regular basis and she says they hardly see my other brother who lives just a few miles from her. My sisters live together currently.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I'm the fourth of six kids. I'm pretty close to my sisters. My brothers, not as much. But, we all get along, even if we don't see each other that often. I like being from a big family, too.
    Mary at Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird