A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Monday, April 11, 2016

In Love With (#atozchallenge)



I-In love with: 

         Of course I'm in love with my wife, Betty.  My current life situation would be in a bad way if I weren't in love with my wife.  Betty is the one with whom I expect to spend my life with from here on out.  I don't think too much of the time about our future life together, but I don't like to imagine a life without her as my life partner.   

           The concept of being in love should be a part of any marriage I would think.  I love my kids, my grandkids, my family members, and my friends.  But I don't think of that fondness as being an expectation of 24/7 relationships.   I'd like to spend a goodly amount of time with all of them, but other than some unexpected circumstance I don't plan to live with any of them.   As long as we have the capacity to do so, I expect that my wife and I will be living together for whatever life we have left.

           If we are living together, I hope we will always be in love with each other.  That's a big part of what being married is about.   Don't you think so?

            Would you want to live alone?    Do you compromise with others easily?   What do you think of the institution of marriage?






9 comments:

  1. I agree! I love my wife and I'm in it for ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, sadly too many couples don't stay for the long run. I still believe in "for better or worse".

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely over the top so in love with my husband that I feel like a schoolgirl and we've been together five years. And I know he's madly in love with me too....esp. since he was carrying a torch for me since high school. So grateful he tracked me down in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, you have a wonderful thing going on. Glad things turned out well for both of you.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. It is much easier to live with someone you love. And life is much better if you have someone for companionship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, living under the same roof when there is tension, distrust, and dislike is about the worst situation ever.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I hope you are in love forever too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, I'm too old to be starting over anyway so forever sounds like a good plan.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Having never been married I can only understand it from the outside looking in. I imagine that a lot of loving, laughing, working, forgiving, and patience are key. It also seems to me that married people are getting back on track and seeing it as a forever-for better or worse-thing rather than until we don't want to do this anymore mindset. You and your wife are blessed to be in the forever category.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird