A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Ghosts, Are They Real? (#atozchallenge)




G-Ghosts, are they real?: 

        Metaphorical ghosts are certainly real.  I'm not sure about those supernatural type scary ghosts.  Not even the friendly type ghosts.  I'd be wary of any kind of spirit manifestation and don't know that I want to experience such a thing.  But the ghosts of memory, sensation, or dreaming I certainly believe that they are real.

          Sometimes loved ones or people I have known who have passed on will appear in my dreams.  That seems like a communication of some sort to me.  Like this morning before waking I dreamed that I was at a restaurant very early in the morning.  There was a spaghetti buffet where people were getting large plates of spaghetti.  My late father was sitting across the table from me eating a very appetizing sauce laden plate of pasta.   I wanted some badly but couldn't get past the fact that I should be having breakfast.   I wanted the spaghetti very much, feeling very conflicted at the same time.

            Then I woke up.  I felt very hungry with somewhat of a craving for spaghetti.   Maybe there's something to do with ghosts in that story.  Metaphorical ghosts.   Those are the only ghosts that ever visit me.

           Do you believe in supernatural ghosts?    What kinds of metaphorical ghosts enter into your life?    Do you ever wake up hungry and craving something unusual for you to be craving at the time?






14 comments:

  1. I totally believe in ghosts or spirits. However, being an atheist, the only way I believe these Haunting shows is when they call in the priest and it doesn't work, and the ghostly encounters continue. When the hauntings stop after the priest has been there, I think that the people were hoaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I guess I'd have to wonder where the spirits or ghost come from if there is not God or antithesis to God.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have spirit visits. My husband gets those
    from time to time.
    I do have a ghost in my house. She does things from time to time, but nothing destructive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, whatever those dream manifestations might be, they are interesting and usually comforting to some extent.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I believe in ghosts. I think when we dream about loved ones on the other side that they are actually visiting us in our dreams. I always wake up happy when I dream of a dead relative or one of my dogs who have passed. I dream about my dogs a lot. I just consider it a visit: they're just dropping in to check on things...

    As for other ghosts, I do believe in spirits that haven't crossed over and are left here to haunt. I don't ever want to run into one though! Only if it's a ghost like Patrick Swazey from the movie Ghost... :)

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I don't think of the dream visits as ghosts, but perhaps communications of a sort. Like your experience, I find these visits to leave me comforted or happy.
      I still would need more evidence to convince me of the spirit ghosts.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I would like to say, your dream is probably memory. However, I have dreamed about my father two times. I woke up in the middle of the night otherwise I would not have remembered them. He had a message both times. One was for me to not work so much and spend time with my mother and brother. The second time was a day when I felt that there was probably no God, nothing beyond this life we had. Well he came that night.
    Ghosts, I would like to see one and I hope I don't. It would scare me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, if there are ghosts I'd like proof of them. It would likely scare me though.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. With all the deaths this year, I'm ore inclined to ask if the LIVING are real...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cw, this sounds like an opening for a philosophical discussion.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. Loved ones who died definitely visit my dreams. Usually I wake up with a warm feeling of love and being loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, this is interesting to hear of the others who also feel comforted with a dream visit by a departed one.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. Departed ones in a dream have always been a comfort. Warning dreams I can't explain. Have had those too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that dreams with loved ones no longer with us have something to say to us. When they show up in my dreams I try to work out what I am supposed to know/learn from the dream.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird