A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jealous Of (#atozchallenge)





J-Jealous of: 

         Jealous?  Me, jealous?   I prefer to think that I'm not.  I don't really think about it that much and usually not at all.  Well, maybe a little bit.  Sometimes.

           Now that I'm on Social Security I do feel some envy about those who have more money whether it be better retirement plans, accumulated wealth, or still working a job in which they are content.   I'd like to have more money for myself, but I feel no raging jealousy.

           What or whom am I jealous about?   Thoughts cross my mind now and then, but they are not worth dwelling on.   I've got enough to make me tired without expending energy in envy.

           Okay, maybe I'm jealous about people with more energy than I have.   That's an answer even if it is kind of a silly answer.

            Is there anyone you are jealous of?     What would you like to have that you don't have now?   When you do envy something another has, how do you address that envy within you?





7 comments:

  1. I am jealous of the relationship my step daughter has with my husband's ex girlfriend, a truly horrible woman who ran his life into the ground. It bugs me so bad that they are still close. It's a loyalty issue for me. She was at my step daughter's wedding in Jan. and I was the official wedding photographer. Needless to say, I was glad when the woman left and I made sure not to get ANY pictures of her. There were enough people with camera phones to take care of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, that kind of a situation can be might uncomfortable.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Envious would probably be a more apt description. Luckily I was born a content person and don't have a big jealous streak. I used to envy a teacher I worked with. She had a lot of what I wanted in life and was so smart. She was also super nice. Long story short, she had colon cancer and died before her mid forties. It made me realize that we all have our difficulties and be happy with what God has given me. Now if we are talking grudges, this is a bit tougher subject for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, we don't always know what is behind the scenes in the lives we might envy and when those adversities come to light I guess it can make us more content with what we do have.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Jealous? No. I wish I had my health back, and probably wouldn't mind having a mulligan on the last thirty years, but I know that's not going to happen. I don't know of anyone who can get those things anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I guess I trade in anything of material value for excellent health. Just hope I can kind of reasonably hang in there for another decade or two at least.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I don't think we've ever agreed on a post as much as we do on this one- including the end!

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird