A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Kiss (#atozchallenge)

Kissing Black-tailed Prairie Dogs (Cynomys lud...
Kissing Black-tailed Prairie Dogs(Photo credit: Wikipedia)



 The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss. ~ Unknown ~

       My first kiss in the romantic sense that I remember was part of a party stunt. The girl was someone I had a big crush on. I guess the other kids at the party knew about my crush and that's partly why the kiss was egged on. It wasn't really romantic and for that matter it wasn't much of a kiss. The other kids laughed and hooted. I recoiled in embarrassment.  But it was my thrill nonetheless.

      It was the only time I ever kissed that girl. I lost track of her for many many years, then in recent years she has become a Facebook friend. She lives on the opposite side of the country from me and it's doubtful that I'll ever see her again. That's fine. I'm happily married and that was all more than forty years ago.

     There have been many kisses since that first one. A kiss between two humans is one of the most exhilarating experiences I can imagine. The nervous tension that builds and then that often awkward meeting of lips. With the right person at the right time the passion can explode and the kiss is something almost indescribable. Something that perhaps can only be best explained in poetry or flowery words.

     The kiss between lovers is an energy of inward inertia of mind and the eruption of spirit outward reaching toward infinite reaches of the universe all at the same time. It is like some amazing interstellar power that is capable of taking us to distant galaxies of our mind and then collapses in upon ourselves in a desperate yearning for more.

     The kiss. Does the wanting for more ever end?

     Can you remember your first kiss? Why do you suppose humans kiss? What famous person would you like to kiss with passion?
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. Ah the romantic Lee coming to the fore, I remember my first kiss, it was at a dance and a few hours previously had met this person.Little did I realise he and I would in the future get married,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very romantic, indeed.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. People kiss to get a feeling or sensation. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete


  4. I had my first kiss when I was fourteen.It was Valentines night at a school disco.that was forty years ago and I still remember it like it was last week. When I heard that the fella who first kissed me had died a couple of years ago,I was devastated,even though I hadn't seen him since 1976 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my fiance' met me at the airport when I flew east to see him for the first time in 30 years (we weren't a couple ever before), that first kiss was just so amazing. I still get chills thinking about it. After over 2 months of only talking via phone and Facebook, to be able to kiss him in person at last was the best feeling. We've been together 2 years and his kisses still make me weak in the knees and feel like a blushing teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne -- That's the ultimate kind of romantic kiss.

    Shelly -- Thank you. It's all about love!

    Teresa - It can be such a great feeling or sensation indeed!

    Trish -- I guess we tend to have a sort of curiosity at least about our first kissing partner.

    JoJo -- Wow, that's a great romantic story.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea for a "K" word. I never thought of this word when I was searching for something today. Glad to see your romantic heart sends messages to your brain about kisses. I love your neat posts on both topics I'm following. :)

    Blessings...

    Dana at Waiter, drink please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing this side of you! :) Your wife must be one blessed lady. :)

    My first kiss was with the man who has since become my husband. It was a first for him, too, which made it incredibly awkward, but so very, very sweet. Since then we've become pros, and there are few things I enjoy more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a good lingering, passionate snog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fourteen year old Grandson had his first "real" kiss a short time ago. He didn't know the girl that well and had no particular feelings for her but she initiated the kiss at a party and he was a very willing participant. He told me afterwards he really liked it.

    I told him he still hadn't had his first "real" kiss. But the day was coming when he'd kiss a girl he cared about. One who was special and made his heart beat a little faster. When that day came, he'd have his first "real" kiss. And it would knock his socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dana --Sometimes the old romantic side of me does surface.

    Jaimie -- I love those stories of first kisses to one who becomes your partner. It's probably the way it should be.

    Daft -- Right-o!

    LD - A party kiss is like a screen kiss I suppose, though I do wonder about those sometimes.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely kiss is the best... if from the right person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great topic! There's nothing quite the same as a first kiss, the nervousness beforehand adding to the satisfaction when it finally happens. But old married kisses can be special, too. Even after 44 years.
    Kathy @ Swagger Writers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your eloquent description of a kiss makes me think of the word magic... which now won't leave my mind for the M word... even though I have another M word planned - I guess even a post about kisses can change the direction you were going.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was 12, and it happened in the junior high hallway between classes. He was an "older man"—13. Ha! It was awkward, but I'll never forget it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird