A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Zing ( #atozchallenge )

Zing logo used from April 2009 until 18 June 2011
Zing logo used from April 2009 until 18 June 2011 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

       Love is zing when it's the thing that makes us want to greet a new day.  When we are energized and inspired to be at our creative best.   There's not much better feeling than to be in love with someone who loves you back.

        You may have heard the line lifted from a song or two, "Zing went the strings of my heart!".  How many songs have been inspired by love?  Happy songs, sad songs--actually probably a majority of songs.  Love is music that fills us inside with lush orchestral strings in the heart or the plaintive sound of a lone voice in the night backed by a strumming guitar.

         The language of music tells of so many stories, but love is the story that seems to capture us most of all.  You can sing in the rain or sing on a train, but if the refrain is about love then ears perk up as others identify with the lyrics.  Nearly all of us have been in love or are in love and even if we don't know the lyrics, they're easy to learn because we know the old story.

         The zing of love has rung out as long as history can remember.  And the zing will continue to sing!

         Listen to the zing and revel in love.  Enjoy the ride.  The ups, the downs, and all that makes the world go around.  If we have never loved, then we have never lived.

          Do you like love songs?   What are your favorite love songs?   Have you ever written a song about love? 

            The Reflections Post for this blog will be appearing Saturday May 4th as we return to our regular Saturday schedule.  For more information on A to Z Reflections visit the A to Z Blog

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Good post about Zing. My favourite love song of course is by Daniel singing "Hello Darlin'"

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a lovely theme this year, I've enjoyed reading every post (even if I didn't comment on each one). I look forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite love song - "still the one" by Orleans. 30 years and the song is still as relevant now as it was way back then.

    However, I am old enough to know all the rest of the words to "Zing, zing, goes my heartstings"

    http://completelycalifornia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I like a few love songs although nothing's coming to mind at the mo. There are some songs I hear that make me think of my guy, or describe the way he feels about me...like 'Waiting for a girl like you' by Foreignor. He's not a music buff though; it doesn't mean the same to him as it does to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like love songs, and have penned a couple. It seems odd sometimes when a song is about something different! Congratulation on and thank you for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne -- Daniel never sang "Zing Went the Strings of My Heart"?

    Sally --Thank you so much and don't be a stranger here throughout the year.

    Ann- I like the Orleans song as well. Also like "Dance With Me".

    JoJo -- Seems like a truck driver would listen to a lot of music while driving!

    Andrea -- Have you ever recorded or performed any of the songs you've written? Thanks for being a part of the Challenge.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lee, I've been away from reading blogs for over three weeks due to a minor ailment. Consequently, I've missed nearly all of your postings for the A-Z Challenge. This one on the "zing" of love makes me think of a number of love songs I enjoy hearing and singing: "My Heart Stood Still," "My Funny Valentine,"
    "Someone to Watch Over Me," "Don't Worry About Me," and "Embraceable You." Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to think love songs were tacky until I fell in love. "I'm your's" by Jason Mraz is one of our favourites. I know tacky, but we are still full zing :) I can't believe you did over 100 posts in April, congratulations on a great effort, I am looking forward to reading a few more of these ones over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite love song is "Your Love Amazes Me" by John Berry. It is my husband and my song. It was played at our wedding. Although I am touched by most all love songs, that one is the absolute best and my favorite.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dee -- All great classic songs. Glad you're feeling better.

    Ida -- Since I mostly don't listen to lyrics, I've always liked love songs due to the melodies.

    Kathy -- Can't think of how that song goes, but I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with it and would know it if I heard it.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird