A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Light (#atozchallenge)

A powerful light shines in the dark.
A powerful light shines in the dark. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


He who Love touches not walks in darkness. ~ Plato ~

      Love brightens the lonely soul with a special light.

      I can recall certain times of my life when I felt so lonely and unloved that my world seemed so very dark. Oh, I had the love of family and many friends who loved me in their own ways, but that sometimes doesn't seem to be enough. I wanted that special love. That love of my life. My companion.

      The darkest times were probably after my first two marriages failed and I felt alone again. Except I was not really alone. I had lost certain hopes and dreams that I had formulated in my mind, but realized that apparently only I had lost them or was aware that they had been lost.

      For a while I attended a codependency group on the recommendation of a therapist. That's where I came to the realization that I was not dependent on anyone for love when I could love myself and recognize the other love that is all around me.

      Love is not the light of one person alone. Love illuminates with many lights that shine with various degrees from different places. The union with a partner is a wonderful and desirable thing, but the severing of that union does not cut me off from light and put me into total darkness.

     The world is a brighter place than I have realized at certain low times of my life. The light that I carry must be tended in order to keep me going on my way. There are always other lights that can make vision clearer. We never have to walk in complete darkness. Our life is never completely devoid of love as long we welcome the love that is there already.

     Have you ever felt that you were completely unloved? What have you done in darker times to make your life better? Do you shine your light so that other lives can be brighter?
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Yes Lee apart from my brother who you met and my friends on Blogshpere I feel totally unloved and wanted.
    Life can be lonely but I have my sense of humour and reasonably well in health, there are people worse off than me,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have the light within us, and we all have the responsibility to let our light shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At times I have felt that I was walking in darkness, but when I shift my focus from myself, I am surrounded by light. I enjoyed your thoughts. Visiting from A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize how unloved I felt and was till Russell came into my life and rescued me. He is my light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly try to let others know that they are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne -- Humor can go a long way in getting us through life's difficulties. And remember there are many lonely people out there who are in the dark and need a ray of light shone in their direction.

    Rosanna -- You know the concept.

    Marti -- So true! Life is about more than just us.

    JoJo -- And I would imagine you are his light. It's good that you found each other.

    Andrea -- Let love be known and you will also know it.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving yourself is one of the hardest & easiest things to do, & a gift we give ourselves. I'm glad you were able to do that. Shine on!
    Kathy @ Swagger Writers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee .. love is an essential element, sometimes we just need to bide our time ... and we can practise love at all times ... my uncle said to me 'love is all' .. and he was so right ... in so many ways.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird