A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vague ( #atozchallenge )

Courtship
Courtship (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

       The onset of love is a time of vague apprehension.  I think of the old flower-petal game of  "she loves me, she loves me not".  Sometimes that's how it seems.  Is there something there?  Will there be a second date?  Is this the one for me?

        Courtship (such a quaint word!) has become sometimes more rushed than it used to be a century ago or in other cultures.  In the modern world the rituals of getting to know another person might happen online before two people even actually meet in person.  Talk about vague!

         Dating was never that much fun for me.  It was often difficult for me to tell how interested in me a young lady was.  In some cases there were girls whom I liked very much who I discovered years later had liked me a lot too. I just couldn't tell at the time.  It was all too vague.  Or I was just too dumb.

         I don't think vague and stupid are synonymous, but vague and ignorant might be close.  That is to say if I had been blind or ignorant to a certain knowledge of something that was true, then I may have only had a vague notion of how someone felt about me.  My thoughts or perceptions may or may not have been true, but it didn't matter because I wasn't sure of what the other person was thinking.

         Am I being vague?   Well, love is like that sometimes.   Love can be so vague that we don't realize it's there.

          Did you find dating days to be often confusing times?    Was there ever someone who you liked a lot, but never let them know because you didn't think they liked you?   Have you ever discovered years after the fact that someone you would have liked to have been with had actually liked you way back then?

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I had those vague feelings while dating. I guess I was lucky I met my future husband at 17 and married at 19 and was with him for 35 years.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that a lot of people are afraid of rejection therefore keep things vague until they are given more signals that they can pick up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiance' is the one who liked me back in high school and didn't dare tell me....not till after 30 years and being pushed into it by his best friend. I had no idea. I would have gone out w/ Russell in a heartbeat if he'd told me he liked me but he said he was terrified of rejection & that I'd laugh at him. Needless to say we are both glad he finally said something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No No and No. None of this has happened to me. But I am glad not to be part of the dating scene today. It looks way too complicated!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird