A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sharing ( #atozchallenge )

The Card Players 1892-95 Oil on canvas, 60 x 7...
The Card Players 1892-95 Oil on canvas, 60 x 73 cm Courtauld Institute of Art, London (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
   
      Sometimes I'll like something so much that I'll want to share it with someone else.  Not just anyone else, but someone I care about.  Someone I love.

      When I was a kid I collected stamps.  I became passionate about the hobby and though it was an activity that I could enjoy on my own, I wanted my friends to join me.   It was easy to get my sister on board with starting a stamp collection.   She often followed the lead of doing things I liked.  My friend Ross was also easy to convince since his father was also a stamp collector.  Whenever I would find a friend that showed an interest I would show off my collection and hope to get them interested in the hobby so we could both share time together doing stamp collecting activities.

         Sharing time is the key factor here.  Whether it be a hobby or an activity of play, time spent in mutual enjoyment of something can be a time of bonding and friendship.  Going to the movies with a loved one or traveling with them are other activities that can be shared with that special person with whom you want share time.

          Eating with others can be intimate like a candlelit dinner date or communal as a potluck with a beloved group of people.   Laughter and good conversation is some of the best sharing we can have.  Sharing brings us together as spouses, families, friends, or any other common interest groups.

          Sharing is an act of love.

           What is your favorite sharing activity?   Can you remember a sharing experience in your life that resulted in a deeper caring for another person?  Have you joined any clubs where you've become extraordinarily close to the members?  

Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. It's good to share, I used to share many an hour with my grandchildren, take them to the park , buy them an ice cream. They are much older and I don;t get to see them. But I have my memories to share,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sit at the kitchen table and share tales about my day and listen to others.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an only child, when I entered school at the tender age of 4, I had a really hard time sharing with the other children, but over time I learned how to do it. For the most part I like to share but not when it comes to beach glass or marbles. ;) I give away a lot of stuff I make though....is that sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharing our enthusiasms only adds to the pleasure. In terms of this type of sharing, blogging is a great sharing activity as we bond with people far and wide and get new perspectives... we don't haveto be dependent only on our physical community. As an obsessive family historian, the geneabloggers community is a close and supportive group.

    From that, thanks to one person's initiative we now have Genealogists for Families on Kiva where we share ourgood fortune in a small way to help families be independent even under more difficult conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing a mutual act is indeed a bonding act. That's a reason why I enjoy jam sessions so much - it's a bonding time with a community of musicians. It's nice to be part of that when I've only been singing for six years and so am really a beginner next to people who have been doing music all their lives. It's great to be part of that world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to play cards and taboo with family. Dinners and movies are nice too. The biggest sharing experience for me was marriage, because I've never had to share my life with anyone until then!

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee .. sharing is so important - joining together .. seeing another side of life, yet relaxing ..

    Now I do that with friends .. joining them at home, on walks etc ..

    Love sharing with people .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments. So many great examples of sharing.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite sharing times was reading stories to my children every night before bed. They are now all grown, but we still gather together everyone who is at home before bedtime to read some scripture, have a prayer, and share important things from our days. Some nights we will sit and talk . . .

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird