A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Wonder ( #atozchallenge )

Don't fly away...
Image by Thomas Leuthard via Flickr

      Wonder is one of those crazy words that mean more than one thing.  You might feel a sense of wonder about something, but then you might wonder about whatever it was that you experienced.  Yeah, that sounds like how love can be sometimes.

       Love can be full of wonder in the sense of amazement.  The cliched metaphor of fireworks going off at a kiss came from the fact that sometimes kissing the one you love is like the amazing wonderful things happening that makes all of life seem bright and illuminated.   A relationship filled with hope and positive future is all flowers, smiles, and dazzling stars in an endless sky.  Love is beauty.

       But then when a day of doubt creeps in you might begin to wonder.  Wonder in the negative sense of inklings of distrust and apprehension about what will happen tomorrow.   Does my dear one still love me?  Is there someone else?   Is this the beginning of the end?   You wonder as the world darkens.

       It's best not to let doubts, fears, and wondering cloud the thinking.  Just to go on and let the future take care of itself.   Love should be a liberator and not an oppressor.  When things do not turn out as you expected, sometimes you just have to let love do what ever it is it needs to do.

       Love is not always a two way street.  And there are times when the wonder of love is in the wondering of what it's all about.

        Do you ever wonder about love?   Has the feeling of love ever given you a sense of wonder?   Do you see love as a liberator, a captor, a bit of both, or something else entirely?


Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I wonder at this moment how you have got through the challenge doing multiple blogs. I found it hard with one.
    Great post to read as always Lee.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I get scared that my guy, being a trucker, might be texting w/ his ex but he's so scared that I'm gonna leave him that I realize he'd never do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see love as a liberator. When you are free to love, all the things around you become a wonder.

    http://completelycalifornia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder is great! I wonder how I am still going at W, though I just wrote on writing, and posted on of my poems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering with Yvonne! Doing one blog this month has been a challenge (well, that was the name, right? A to Z CHALLENGE?).

    But love is both a wonder and a source of wonderment. I continue to be amazed that after nearly 19 years we still don't totally understand each other. No wondering about the solidity of the relationship, just amazed that people can be this close and yet still so locked in our own skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne - I would have done much better if I hadn't had the computer problems earlier and posted ahead. This year has been difficult.

    JoJo -- Separation from a loved one can tempt us to doubt.

    Ann -- I'd like to see it that way, but at times for me it hasn't always been.

    MadelineAnn -- You made it because you had the will to meet the Challenge. Congratulations!

    Rebecca -- Individuality? Guess that helps keep things more interesting.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird