A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Never-ending ( #atozchallenge )

Love Love Love
Love Love Love (Photo credit: Gregory Jordan)

        The never-ending love is a nice ideal.  And it is an ideal.  It's the way real love should be in my mind.  If you love somebody today, why shouldn't you love them tomorrow or years from now?

        Do people truly change or is it our perceptions that change?   We may think we love somebody, but if down the road we hate that person then that hatred negates any consideration of something that was called love.  We might call it lust, mutual attraction, common interests, infatuation, desire to fill a personal void--we can call it anything but love.  We apparently saw things differently at that time and mistook it all as love.

        Feelings are fickle.  They are not always to be trusted.  True love does not lie.  There is more to love than that which we feel inside of us.  It's what we think about and see in our dreams for the future.  The love of today should be the same love we imagine we will have when we are old.

         Love may have its ups and downs, but the over all the trajectory should be the same as a straight line  between now and eternity.  Same path with dreams shared together.   Destination unity.

         True love is the ideal we should seek and that ideal should be never-ending.

         Have you found a partner who is a good companion on life's journey?   Why do you think we are so eager to rush blindly into love?   Do you think a never-ending love can be planned successfully?

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. I was lucky I found and married someone who, though we had not so good times sat down and worked things out, I was with him right to the end virtually.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lucky in finding love a second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people rush blindly into love for many reasons: they are scared they'll never find lasting love, they don't truly understand love, they base their decisions on emotions only...

    Swinging by from A-Z! Happy N day!

    http://jenelleschmidt.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the whole world of love is so very complicated. I also firmly believe that loving someone else is predicated on loving oneself. That is the ultimate challenge and, again, it's complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing can be planned. It has to be part of the growing up/old process, and continuously evolving.

    My gr-daughter looked at my husband, and asked me, "Why did you marry Grandpa?" She looked at the old-ish man, but I saw the man in all his stages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lucky to find a good husband who is an excellent father. That in itself is a true gift.

    I had to laugh when I came here and saw never-ending love next to a FilipinoCupid.com singles ad with half dressed girls. :) You trying to make a statement Lee? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne -- Being able to work things out is vital to a partnership.

    Sally -- It's good to have another chance.

    Jenelle -- I think your reasoning is very good.

    Gracie -- So true! If it were simple there wouldn't be so many problems in relationships.

    Susan - We never totally know the outcome of anything, but we can take a few steps to increase odds in our favor.

    Ciara-- Actually the ads readers see are influenced my their own searches. The ad on my page is about people spying on me.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. The love of my life found me and he can see into my soul like no other. I knew it was going to happen when I accepted his friend request. It was like, I was waiting for him and didn't even know it till he showed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only know of one Person Whose love is perfectly never-ending. But I think when we have His love in our hearts, thanks to the Holy Spirit, we can express a very similar kind of love.

    My husband and I made a pact when we got married (before, actually) that divorce will never, ever be an option for us. Period. We don't even bring it up in arguments or conversation. We might not like each other all the time, but we have made a commitment to God and to each other to CHOOSE to love each other for our whole lives. Love is not a feeling; it's a choice, and by the power and grace of God, my husband and I choose to love each other every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoo boy! A person could write a book in response to the questions you pose here.

    I'm just happy to have found someone who doesn't try to change me, nor do I try to change him. I mean, we tease each other about little habits, but we don't try to fundamentally change who the other is.

    ~Tui, from A to Z challenge
    Twitter: @mentalmosaic
    blog: Tui Snider's Texas, Travel, Photos & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoJo -- It's magical when love happens like that.

    Jaimie -- When God is first in the marriage, then we can have a better chance at making things work for as long as we live.

    Tui -- It's all about acceptance of each other and learning how to change self for the better. It is truly a big topic that can't be summed up in a couple of sentences.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think tv shows like "The Bachelor" ruin it for young people.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird