A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Romance ( #atozchallenge )

Front cover of True Life Romance #3
Front cover of True Life Romance #3 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 
       Ah, romance!  This is what most comes to mind when we hear the word love.  A love story is the story of romance.   Or at least the romance is where it all starts.

         Of course when we start thinking of all the words of love, romance is but one and only a small part of the picture.  Yet we should never forget the romance when it comes to romantic love.  For some it may be the gifts like flowers, candies, or jewelry.  Or the romance can be the candlelit dinners and week-end getaways.  Romance has been traditionalized in so many ways.

         Romance can be a noun, an adjective, or a verb.   It can be a genre.  Romance can be a feeling or a plethora of feelings.   Romance can be a quest or a mere query.   It can be fact or it can be fiction.

          Romance is a beginning that we should hope will last until the end and perhaps beyond.

          What is your ideal vision of romance?   What has been the most romantic gesture ever bestowed up you?   Do you read romance literature?

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Romance can come in all shapes and forms, It;s been many a year since there have been someone in my life,
    But my three children and in turn 4 grandchildren were all part of my loved one........now we;re back to that unconditional love subject.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is nothing like the hero in a romance novel. He doesn't do flowers. He doesn't whisk me away to a secluded mountain hideaway. Oh wait - he did that twice: when I was 8 months pregnant with our first but feeling more like 15-months, he rented a house at the beach for a weekend of relaxation; and then another time he surprised me with a weekend at a B&B but didn't tell me where we were going, and the ride there involved a circuitous route and interesting stops along the way. Good man, good provider, loves his daughters - romantic enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been interested in romance books or movies/chick flicks, although I did like The Wedding Singer. My guy isn't a flowers/candy/gift guy at all, even on birthdays or Christmas. (I found & purchased my engagement ring b/c he was on the road) But that said, he treats me like a queen, he's so good to me and good for me, and adores me and that's all I want and need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a good romantic story, but I'm not big on predictable ones or ones where the lovers end up Romeo-&-Juliet style. When we were kids, a friend & I used to read her mother's True Romance mags, & I read a few Harlequins in my time, but what I like is a story of true love that weathers its storms.
    Kathy @ Swagger Writers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a hopeless romantic. I love chick flicks, love stories (true ones!), flowers, and pretty B&B's. But I think the most romantic things my husband does for me are things like making the bed without me saying anything, helping out around the house, and the way he always helps me carry laundry and groceries up the stairs to our apartment. That, among other things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most romantic gesture? Have to think about that....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me romance is not necessarily about wine and roses under a moonlit sky although, in truth, all of those would be absolutely welcome.

    Romance, for me is a smile in recognition of a shared thought; a look which says "I echo your thoughts"; a touch to say "I understand"; and what goes on next is no one's business... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne -- Yes, that unconditional love thing is a fantasy.

    Wendy -- Your husband sounds like part of the club I'd be in if there was a club for guys like us. I like him and I like your attitude toward him.

    JoJo -- Another guy that I can be buddies with. I should show your comment to my wife since it sounds like her.

    Kathy -- I also like a good love story. Might even wring a tear from my eye if it's good enough.

    Jaimie -- I'm liking what I hear about other husbands. Now I don't feel too bad.

    Alison -- I'm sure my wife could think of something, but she might have to think a while as well.

    Fe -- Yes, I like it.

    Lee


    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird